Feel free to substitute a store-bought Asian marinade in this fast-cooking dinner recipe.
4 ounces frozen peeled and deveined cooked medium shrimp, thawed and drained
¼ cup vegetable oil, as needed
2 eggs, lightly beaten
1 medium onion, diced
1/2 cup peas
4 ounces ham, diced
4 cups cold cooked rice
2 green onions, thinly sliced
1 tablespoon oyster sauce, or to taste
1 tablespoon soy sauce, or to taste
1 teaspoon salt, or to taste
Pepper, to taste
1 teaspoon cornstarch mixed with 1 1/2 teaspoons water
1. Prepare marinade: in a medium bowl, whisk ingredients together until combined. Add shrimp and marinade 15 minutes. Remove from marinade and chop into small pieces.
2. Heat 1 tablespoon of oil a large wok over high heat. When hot, add half of the eggs and cook over medium heat, turning over once. Remove from heat; cook the remaining eggs and remove. Cut the cooked egg into thin strips and set aside.
3. Add 2 tablespoons oil to wok over high heat. Add the onion and shrimp and cook 3 minutes, until shrimp is pink; remove and set aside. Add the peas and ham to wok, cook 2 to 3 minutes, until heated, and set aside.
4. Add 2 tablespoons oil to wok, turn heat down to medium, cook 2 to 3 minutes, until lightly golden. Season with soy sauce and oyster sauce to taste.
5. Add cooked onion, shrimp, peas, and ham to the wok; stir to combine thoroughly.
6. Remove from heat and serve topped with fried egg and green onions.