This unusually looking combination of ginger and coconut might not sound very convincing at first glance but any doubts will surely disappear upon tasting this surprisingly quick and delicious dish.
- 1 pound chicken breast
- 3 +1 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons curry powder
- 2 teaspoons ginger, grated
- 200 grams any rice
- 250 millilitres coconut cream
- Heat a pot of salted water. Once it’s boiling, add rice. Cook until rice is done (about 10 minutes).
- Meanwhile, while rice is cooking, mix olive oil, curry powder, grated ginger, salt, and pepper in a medium sized bowl. Add chicken chopped to pieces into the mixture and stir it so that every piece is evenly coated. (You can let it sit for a few hours before cooking.)
- Heat a tablespoon of olive oil in a pan, then fry the chicken. Just as the chicken is about to be done, add coconut cream and cook for 5 minutes.
- After rice is done, drain it and serve it with the chicken.
- Pour the coconut ginger sauce from the pan on rice and chicken and you are ready to serve.
Tip: If you’d like to have more of the delicious, coconut ginger sauce with your rice, add 100 millilitres of coconut cream, 1 teaspoon of curry powder, and 1 teaspoon of grated ginger. In this way, the taste of the sauce won’t be diluted by the cream and the dish will retain its signature flavour.