Rice pudding originally originated in Asia. However, it gradually spread worldwide and became a very popular dish in Europe and America. Young children in particular love it. Fortunately, it is really easy to prepare and everyone can do it!
- 150 g round grain / basmati rice
- 500 ml milk
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- vanilla pod/extract
- First wash the rice under running water and put it in a pot.
- Pour the milk over the rice and let it boil.
- Add sugar and chopped vanilla pod and stir.
- Cook until the rice is soft. If the rice is not ready, add the desired amount of milk.
- Once the rice is soft, it is done. Place the rice in tall glasses and let cool.
- Serve the cold pudding with fresh raspberries and cocoa.