Mango sticky rice is a traditional Thai dessert that has gradually become popular all over the world. It consists of only a few ingredients and its sticky texture makes it very unusual.
- 1 cup glutinous rice
- 200 ml coconut milk
- 50 g sugar
- 1 mango
- toasted sesame seeds
- Soak the rice overnight in cold water. Rinse it thoroughly in lukewarm water before cooking.
- Boil water in a pot and place a colander with rice in it so that the water does not touch the rice at all.
- Then let it steam for about ½ hour.
- Prepare the coconut sauce. Heat the coconut milk and add sugar and a pinch of salt. Stir until everything is dissolved.
- Once the rice is ready, stir in about ½ of the finished coconut sauce. Add more if needed. Reserve a little of the sauce for pouring over the plate afterwards.
- Finely slice the mango and serve with the finished rice sprinkled with roasted sesame seeds.