This dish strongly resembles classic sushi. However, it is prepared in a completely different way. This dish is popular not only with Asians, but also with the rest of the world. Moreover, it takes about 40 minutes to prepare.
- 300 g cooked sushi rice
- Salt, pepper
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 2 handfuls of spinach
- 1 carrot
- Sesame seeds
- ½ cucumber
- 5 slices of wakame seaweed
- Cut the cucumber and carrot into fine long noodles. Season with salt and pepper and let sweat.
- Chop the wakame seaweed into as fine a piece as possible.
- In a small pot, make the sushi mixture. Take 2 tablespoons of rice vinegar, 1 small spoon of sugar and ½ teaspoon of salt. Let it simmer until the sugar and salt dissolve.
- Add the sugar, vinegar and salt mixture to the cooked rice and mix well.
- Add the light/dark sesame seeds to the seasoned rice and mix again.
- Now everything is ready. Take a small portion of rice and shape it into a pancake of 5 cm diameter.
- Place fresh spinach, carrot or cucumber inside and start forming into balls.
- Roll the finished balls in crushed wakame seaweed and serve with soy sauce.