One-pot meals are very popular on days when we don’t have much time to spend in the kitchen, but still need to feed the family nutritiously and deliciously. The recipe for chicken thighs with rice from one baking dish is practical and you will definitely want to repeat it.
- 2 chicken thighs
- 1 red pepper
- 1 green pepper
- 1 large onion
- 3 garlic cloves finely sliced
- 2 tomatoes
- 1 spring onion
- frozen peas
- 2 slices of butter
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 cup Parboiled rice (dry)
- 2 cups water
- seasoning for chicken
- a pinch of saffron
- Cut the onion into marigolds.
- Place the washed thighs on top of the onion and garlic in the baking dish.
- Season and place a slice of butter on top. Cover with a little water and place in an oven preheated to 200 °C for 20 minutes. Bake covered.
- Meanwhile, fry the rice in the oil until golden. Add all the chopped vegetables, season and cover with water.
- Remove the thighs from the baking dish and pour in the rice and vegetables.
- Place the thighs on top and bake, covered, for approximately another 25-30 minutes until the rice and meat are tender. The water will soak into the rice and combine the flavours of the meat and rice.
- Uncover before the end to brown the skin. Follow the experience with your oven.