Saffron risotto ranks among the top among rice recipes. It is served in luxury restaurants and cooked with love. However, its preparation is not as difficult as it may seem.
- 200 g basmati rice
- 2 shallots
- 3 tablespoons oil
- 2 tablespoons saffron
- 150 ml dry white wine
- 40 g butter
- 50 g grated cheese (preferably Parmesan)
- 800 ml chicken stock
- Salt, pepper, herbs
- Heat the oil in a deep frying pan and add the chopped shallots.
- To the caramelised shallots add the rice, properly rinsed, and fry.
- Pour white wine over the rice and let it simmer until the wine evaporates.
- Once the wine has evaporated, pour the broth over the rice so that the rice is submerged.
- Add the saffron and cook slowly. Stir.
- Once the stock has evaporated, add more stock and let it evaporate again. Continue around until the rice is properly cooked.
- Once the rice is ready, pour in some of the parmesan cheese and stir.
- Serve the risotto sprinkled with the rest of the Parmesan cheese and the fried prawns in butter and herbs.