Byriani, or fried rice, is a popular Muslim dish originally from Turkey. Muslims consider this dish festive and super simple to prepare. It takes about 1 hour to cook.
- 300 g basmati rice
- 600 g chicken
- 100 g curry paste
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1 tbsp oil
- 2 medium onions
- 400 ml beef stock
- Salt, pepper, coriander
- Load the meat with curry paste.
- Heat the butter and oil in a pan and fry the onions until caramelized.
- Place the curry paste with the chicken in a baking dish and sprinkle with the caramelized onions.
- Rinse the rice in a colander until the water runs clear.
- Spread the rice in the baking dish to cover the onions and meat.
- Slowly pour the prepared beef broth over the rice in the baking dish.
- Cover the baking dish and bake at 180 °C for about 90 minutes.
- Once the meat and rice are done, season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Sprinkle the rice with spring onions, parsley or fresh coriander.