Choose the freshest ingredients for a world-class paella with our ultimate recipe. Serve this classic Spanish seafood dish in the pan to impress your guests
- olive oil
- bell peppers
- chopped tomato
- bay leaf
- salt and pepper
1. Sauté: Add olive oil to a skillet over medium heat. Add onion, bell peppers and garlic and sauté until onion is translucent. Add chopped tomato, bay leaf, paprika, saffron, salt and pepper. Stir and cook for 5 minutes.
2. Add white wine. Cook for 10 minutes.
3. Add chicken & rice. Add chopped parsley and cook for 1 minute.
4. Pour the broth slowly all around the pan and jiggle the pan to get the rice into an even layer. (Do not stir the mixture going forward!). Bring mixture to a boil. Reduce heat to medium low. Give the pan a gentle shake back and forth once or twice during cooking.
5. Cook paella uncovered for 15-18 minutes, then nestle the shrimp, mussels and calamari into the mixture, sprinkle peas on top and continue to cook (without stirring) for about 5 more minutes. Watch for most of the liquid to be absorbed and the rice at the top nearly tender.
6. Remove pan from heat and cover pan with a lid or tinfoil. Place a kitchen towel over the lid and allow to rest for 10 minutes.
7. Garnish with fresh parsley and lemon slices. Serve.